Second attempt at the outer box of the brewing kit. Slightly better fit but forgot 2 flaps on the cover. More cardboard to cut… (argh). I’m actually getting better at this.
Time for a bit of fun admidst the work! Organized our own mini-beerfest. We made it a point to get more ciders for the ladies and cut down on the IPAs. Great session!
National Day, how else to spend the day but to test new ideas and equipment? I always thought air-cooling using peltiers was very inefficient. Afterall, air is a poor conductor and wouldn’t it be more efficient to have the peltier cool by direct contact? I decided to test my idea by removing the fan and… Read More 9/8/17 Brewing equipment
Been working on the packaging of the brewing kit for the past few weeks, finally have a prototype! And… does it fit? More adjustments needed, so back to the drawing board… Never knew how much effort can go into designing and producing cardboard… Read More 7/8/17 Brewing kit
With my brew kettle “fixed”, I can finally resume my brewing! I used to do this in the dead of the night when I was still working… Can’t imagine going through that again! Did a single hop pale ale using 2-row, wheat and some crystal malt. I decided to hop it using a new variety… Read More 3/8/17 Brewing beer!
Decided to open up my boil kettle to check the wiring because the thermostat doesn’t seem to be working very well. It switches off the kettle too soon and I was having trouble boiling my wort continuously. Then, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out how the inside of the… Read More 2/8/17 Brewing equipment
It has been 2 months since I resigned to work on this. Finally managed to get hold of some of the components of the brewing kit to do some testing and measurement.
Testing another set of equipment. Bought a thermostat some time ago and kept PROCRASTINATING about fixing it up. Finally wired up to a chiller and it works like a charm!